VISUM 2022 is the 10th edition of a summer school focused on Computer Vision and Machine Learning. This edition is organised by INESC TEC, and will be (again!) an on-site event in the beautiful city of Porto, Portugal.
The courses, with both theoretical & practical sessions, will be conducted by world-renowned experts covering their research topics. This year’s edition will be focused on:
• Self-Supervised Learning | by Yuki Asano, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Privacy-Preserving Machine Learning | by Jonathan Passerat-Palmbach, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
• Interpretability/Explainable AI | by Henning Müller, HES-SO Valais-Wallis, Switzerland
• Deep Generative Models | (TBA)
Aside from the theoretical relevance of the lectures, the covered material will guide participants in building their own AI system within a competitive challenge, organised by the VISUM team, in partnership with Loggi, a brazilian logistics company.
The VISUM school aims to provide a stimulating learning opportunity for students, young researchers and professionals with interests in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. VISUM’s target audience is therefore:
• MSc and PhD students
• Researchers and Post-doctoral scholars
• Industry professionals with (research) interests in CV and ML
• … and anyone who wants to discover avant-garde topics!
Those with previous contact with the introductory topics of Computer Vision and Machine Learning can expect to enhance their knowledge. Meanwhile, newcomers should see VISUM as an opportunity to get into one of today’s most vibrant fields.