The three ICT-48 networks (AI4Media, ELISE, HumanE-AI NET) and the VISION consortium joined forces and, under the joint initiative of VISION and AI4Media, founded a new joint instrument to support a world-level AI education and research programme.
The International AI Doctoral Academy (AIDA) has been created for offering access to knowledge and expertise and attracting PhD talents in Europe.
- Coordination of the PhD/postdoc educational and training activities on AI of AIDA partners.
- Aiming high to become a world-level reference for anything related to AI education (and research).
- Defining mechanisms to create inter-university sharing of educational assets in the area of PhD-level AI.
- Envisage future efforts towards a charter for European universities to share, accredit, and recognise, PhD education credits in the area of AI.
More specifically, AIDA:
- will expose all ICT48 project AI educational/research activities
- will expose any other European (e.g., national, H2020 project) educational/research activities and beyond,
- will cooperate with AI4EU for SW tools repository formation
- cover world AI educational/research activities
- be the best truly international reference portal for any AI PhD student and researcher for resources, news (through an AI email list), workshops/conferences, short courses, training opportunities, jobs etc..